To record your screen on an Android device, you must:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the Android quick settings.
- Then press the Record screen button.
- When you select this option, you will be asked if you want to record audio and screen taps.
- When you press "Start" in the top right corner, you will see a red record icon, indicating that the recording is in progress.
- When you open the notification panel again, you will see an icon that allows you to stop recording.
In case you cannot locate the functionality in the quick settings, it is possible that it is hidden, and you need to edit it. To do this, you will need to go to the shortcuts and press the pencil icon in the bottom left corner. When you do this, you will find the visible and non-visible functions at the top and bottom of the screen, respectively. You may find the screen recording function there; to make it appear in the quick settings, you will need to drag it upwards.
To take a screen recording on an iOS device, you'll need to:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen, or swipe up from the bottom (depending on your device) to bring up Control Center.
- Press the record screen option
- You will see a countdown; once the countdown reaches 0, recording will start.
- To stop recording, you will need to go back to the Control Center and press the button again.
- When the recording is finished, you will see a notification at the top of the screen indicating that the video is saved to photos.
In case you can't find the record button in the Control Center, you will need to add it. To do this, you'll need to go into your iOS settings and select the Control Center option. If you can't find it at the top, you'll need to go to More Controls and press "+" under Screen Recording to add it to the included controls.